Book , Print in English
Houses and society in Pompeii and Herculaneum
- Princeton, N.J. : Princeton University Press, 1994.
- xviii, 244 pages, 8 pages of plates : illustrations(some colored) ; 26 cm.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower D LevelPC 5535 .C4 P6 W185 1994 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Apr 6 2019Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
- Material culture — Italy — Pompeii (Extinct city)
- Material culture — Italy — Herculaneum (Extinct city)
- Architecture, Domestic — Italy — Pompeii (Extinct city)
- Architecture, Domestic — Italy — Herculaneum (Extinct city)
- Pompeii (Extinct city) — Social life and customs.
- Herculaneum (Extinct city) — Social life and customs.
- Pompeii (Extinct city) — Buildings, structures, etc.
- Herculaneum (Extinct city) — Buildings, structures, etc.
- Note on Form of References to Houses
- Pt. I. The Social Structure of The Roman House. Ch. 1. Reading the Roman House. Ch. 2. The Language of Public and Private. Ch. 3. The Articulation of the House
- Pt. II. Sampling Pompeii and Herculaneum. Ch. 4. Houses and Urban Texture. Ch. 5. Houses and Households. Ch. 6. Houses and Trade. Ch. 7. Luxury and Status. Ch. 8. Epilogue
- Appendix: List of Houses Surveyed.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -240) and index.
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 93017828
- OCLC: 28112827