Book , Print in English
Who's the boss in Israel : Israel at the polls, 1988-89
edited by Daniel J. Elazar and Shmuel Sandler.
- Detroit : Wayne State University, ©1992.
- 313 pages ; 24 cm.
- 1. Forging a New Political Center / Daniel J. Elazar and Shmuel Sandler
- Pt. I. The Parties. 2. The Likud: Moving Toward the Center / Giora Goldberg. 3. The Labor Party and Electoral Stalemate / Efraim Torgovnik. 4. Religion, Social Cleavages, and Political Behavior: The Religious Parties in the Elections / Eliezer Don-Yehiya. 5. If Things Are So Much Better, How Come They Are Worse: The Political Fragmentation of the Arab Community and the Marginalization of Arab National Politics / Hillel Frisch
- Pt. II. Election Campaign and Issues. 6. To Influence and to Be Influenced: The Election Campaign to the 12th Knesset / Dan Caspi and Hanna Levinsohn. 7. Israel Among the Nations: Foreign Policy and the Peace Process / Gerald Steinberg. 8. War and Peace, Hopes and Fears in the 1988 Elections / Efraim Inbar. 9. The Financing of Elections and Parties / Chaim Kalchheim and Shimon Rosevitch
- Pt. III. The 1989 Municipal and Histadrut Elections.
- 10. The 1989 Local Elections / Chaim Kalchheim and Shimon Rosevitch. 11. The 1989 Histadrut Elections: Thunder Before the Storm? / Giora Goldberg and Shmuel Tzabag. 12. Who is the Boss Today? Coalition Government in Israel and the Need for Electoral Reform / Daniel J. Elazar and Shmuel Sandler.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 0814323979 (alk. paper)
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 92009029
- OCLC: 25509035