Book , Print in English
Education, technology and industrial performance in Europe, 1850-1939
edited by Robert Fox and Anna Guagnini.
- Cambridge [England] ; New York : Cambridge University Press ; Paris : Editions de la Maison des Sciences de l'Homme, 1993.
- xiii, 287 pages ; 24 cm.
Copies in Library - not available while library buildings are closed
Eisenhower C LevelT 105 .E331 1993 c. 2On shelf
- Partial contents only.
- 1. Worlds apart: academic instruction and professional qualifications in the training of mechanical engineers in England, 1850-1914 / Anna Guagnini
- 2. The training and career structures of engineers in France, 1880-1939 / Andre Grelon
- 3. Technical education and industrial performance in Germany: a triumph of heterogeneity / Wolfgang Konig
- 4. The training of engineers in Belgium, 1830-1940 / Jean C. Baudet
- 5. Technical education, engineering, and industrial growth: Sweden in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries / Goran Ahlstrom
- 6. Industrialization and technical education in Spain, 1850-1914 / Santiago Riera i Tuebols
- 7. Academic qualifications and professional functions in the development of the Italian engineering schools, 1859-1914 / Anna Guagnini
- 8. France in perspective: education, innovation, and performance in the French electrical industry, 1880-1914 / Robert Fox.
- 9. Training for specialists: the precision instruments industry in Britain and France, 1890-1925 / Mari Williams
- 10. Education, industry, and the American university / Arthur Donovan.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references (p.277-287) and index.
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 92023171
- OCLC: 26256310