Book , Print in English
Fast cars, clean bodies : decolonization and the reordering of French culture
by Kristin Ross.
- Cambridge, Mass. : MIT Press, ©1995.
- x, 261 pages : illustrations; 24 cm.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower B LevelDC 33.7 .R651 1995 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Dec 11 2018Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.Eisenhower B LevelDC33.7.R651 1995 c. 2Checked outChecked out, Due: Nov 13 2018Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
- Decolonization — France — History — 20th century.
- Technology — Social aspects — France — History — 20th century.
- Popular culture — France — History — 20th century.
- Racism — France.
- French literature — 20th century — History and criticism.
- Authors, French — 20th century — Political and social views.
- France — Civilization — 1945-
- France — Civilization — American influences.
- 1. La Belle Americaine. Car History. Moving Pictures. Cars, Couples, and Careers
- 2. Hygiene and Modernization. Housekeeping. Keeping House
- 3. Couples. The Great Divorce. The Making of the New French Middle Class. Neobourgeois Space
- 4. New Men. New Men and the Death of Man. Cadres. Immobile Time.
- Other information
- "An October book."
- Filmography: p.-253.
- Includes bibliographical references (p.-250) and index.
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 94017815
- OCLC: 30544442