Book , Print in English
Dynasty and empire in the age of Augustus : the case of the of the Boscoreale Cups
Ann L. Kuttner.
- Berkeley : University of California Press, ©1995.
- xiv, 387 pages : illustrations; 26 cm.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower D LevelPC 7614 .K88 1995 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Feb 27 2019Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
- 1. Augustus' World Rule
- 2. The Image of Augustus
- 3. The Peoples of Empire
- 4. Drusus, Augustus, and Barbarian Babies
- 5. The Sacrifice of Tiberius
- 6. The Triumph of Tiberius
- 7. Echoes of the Boscoreale Cup Panels in Later Historical Relief
- 8. Tiberius and Drusus in Augustan Propaganda and the Prototype for the Boscoreale Cups
- Conclusion: The Boscoreale Cups and Roman Art
- App. A: Toreutica: The Cups as Silver Vessels
- App. B: Communications Theory and the Boscoreale Cups
- Index of art, history, sites, and subjects
- Index of gems, intaglios, cameos, and cameo artifacts
- Index of coins
- Index of inscriptions and texts.
- Other information
- Revision of the author's thesis (doctoral)--University of California at Berkeley, 1987.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 0520067738 (alk. paper)
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 91040578
- OCLC: 24793797