Book , Print in English
Trauma : explorations in memory
edited with introductions by Cathy Caruth.
- Baltimore : Johns Hopkins University Press, 1995.
- ix, 277 pages ; 24 cm.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Libraries Service CenterBF175.5.P75 T73 1995 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Nov 11 2018Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.Eisenhower C LevelBF 175.5 .P75 T731 1995 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Sep 19 2018Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
- I. Trauma and Experience
- Introduction / Cathy Caruth. Education and Crisis, or the Vicissitudes of Teaching / Shoshana Felman. Truth and Testimony: The Process and the Struggle / Dori Laub. Trauma and Aging: A Thirty-Year Follow-Up / Henry Krystal. Not Outside the Range: One Feminist Perspective on Psychic Trauma / Laura S. Brown. Freud: Frontier Concepts, Jewishness, and Interpretation / Harold Bloom. An Interview with Robert Jay Lifton / Cathy Caruth. Recapturing the Past
- Introduction / Cathy Caruth. The Intrusive Past: The Flexibility of Memory and the Engraving of Trauma / Bessel A. Van Der Kolk and Onno Van Der Hart. Notes on Trauma and Community / Kai Erikson. The Obscenity of Understanding: An Evening with Claude Lanzmann / Claude Lanzmann. Concerning the Accounts Given by the Residents of Hiroshima / Georges Bataille. Traumatic Poetry: Charles Baudelaire and the Shock of Laughter / Kevin Newmark.
- "The AIDS Crisis Is Not Over": A Conversation with Gregg Bordowitz, Douglas Crimp, and Laura Pinsky / Cathy Caruth and Thomas Keenan.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Eisenhower copy: Gift of Dr. Ruth Leys; FY2016.
- 0801850096 (alk. paper)
- 080185007X (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 94046167
- OCLC: 31754468