Book , Print , Conference in English
Memory distortion : how minds, brains, and societies reconstruct the past
editor, Daniel L. Schacter ; contributing editors, Joseph T. Coyle ... [et al.].
- Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard University Press, ©1995.
- xi, 417 pages : illustrations; 24 cm.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower M Level ReservesBF 376 .M46 1995 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Apr 30 2019 10:59 AMAnother patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
- Preface / Gerald D. Fischbach and Joseph T. Coyle
- Memory Distortion: History and Current Status / Daniel L. Schacter
- 1. The Reality of Illusory Memories / Elizabeth F. Loftus, Julie Feldman and Richard Dashiell
- 2. Constructive Memory and Memory Distortions: A Parallel-Distributed Processing Approach / James L. McClelland
- 3. False Beliefs: Some Developmental and Clinical Considerations / Stephen J. Ceci
- 4. Hypnosis and Suggestion / David Spiegel
- 5. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Psychobiological Mechanisms of Traumatic Remembrance / John H. Krystal, Stephen M. Southwick and Dennis S. Charney
- 6. Mood-congruent Memory Biases in Anxiety and Depression / Susan Mineka and Kathleen Nugent
- 7. Biological Foundations of Accuracy and Inaccuracy in Memory / Larry R. Squire
- 8. Confabulation / Morris Moscovitch
- 9. Emotional Activation, Neuromodulatory Systems, and Memory / James L. McGaugh.
- 10. Speculations on the Fidelity of Memories Stored in Synaptic Connections / Rodney A. Swain, Kim E. Armstrong, Thomas A. Comery, Aaron G. Humphreys, Theresa A. Jones, Jeff A. Kleim and William T. Greenough
- 11. Steps Toward a Molecular Definition of Memory Consolidation / Ted Abel, Cristina Alberini, Mirella Ghirardi, Yan-You Huang, Peter Nguyen and Eric R. Kandel
- 12. Some Patterns and Meanings of Memory Distortion in American History / Michael Kammen
- 13. Dynamics of Distortion in Collective Memory / Michael Schudson
- 14. Ancient Egyptian Antijudaism: A Case of Distorted Memory / Jan Assmann
- 15. Notes on the Cerebral Topography of Memory and Memory Distortion: A Neurologist's Perspective / Marek-Marsel Mesulam
- 16. Memory Distortion and Anamnesis: A View from the Human Sciences / Lawrence E. Sullivan.
- Other information
- Papers originally presented at the first conference sponsored by the Harvard Center for the Study of Mind, Brain, and Behavior in Cambridge, Mass., May 6-8, 1994.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 0674566750 (alk. paper)
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 95030479
- OCLC: 32737932