Book , Print in English
Assessing student learning in higher education
George Brown with Joanna Bull and Malcolm Pendlebury.
- London ; New York : Routledge, 1997.
- xiii, 317 pages : illustrations; 24 cm.
Eisenhower B LevelLB 2367 .G76 B76 1997 c. 1Available
- 1. Introduction to the text
- 2. What is assessment?
- 3. Student learning
- 4. Methods and strategies: an overview
- 5. Assessing essays
- 6. Multiple choice questions
- 7. Assessing practical work
- 8. Assessing projects
- 9. Assessing problem-solving
- 10. Assessing oral communication
- 11. Peer- and self-assessment
- 12. Self-assessment: some related approaches
- 13. Using computers in assessment
- 14. Changing assessment procedures
- 15. Reliability, validity and examining
- 16. Quality, standards and underlying issues
- App. examples of examination questions in arts, law and social sciences.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -309) and index.
- 0415162262 (hb : alk. paper)
- 0415144604 (pb : alk. paper)
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 96043134
- OCLC: 35318857