Book , Print in English
Rebuilding the nest : a new commitment to the American family
edited by David Blankenhorn, Steven Bayme, Jean Bethke Elshtain.
- Milwaukee, WI : Family Service America, ©1990.
- xv, 264 pages : illustrations; 23 cm.
- Conditions : is the family in decline?. American family dilemmas / David Blankenhorn ; Discovering what families do / Urie Bronfenbrenner ; Family decline in America / David Popenoe ; Are Americans underinvesting in children? / Victor R. Fuchs
- Causes : what are American family values?. Family time, family values / Mark Mellman, Edward Lazarus, & Allan Rivlin ; The family in transition / Dennis K. Orther ; The family and civic life / Jean Bethke Elshtain ; A Christian view of the family / Gilbert Meilaender ; The Jewish family in American culture / Steven Bayme ; Individualism in family law / Bruce C. Hafen ; The loss of moral turf : mass media and family values / Lynette Friedrich Cofer & Robin Smith Jacobvitz
- Solutions : what is the family agenda for the 1990s?. Good news? : the private sector and win-win scenarios / Sylvia Ann Hewlett ; The invasion of the money world / Robert N. Bellah ; An agenda for the 1990s : supporting families / Edward F. Zigler & Elizabeth P. Gilman ; Conclusion : family values and policies in the 1990s / David Blankenhorn, Steven Bayme, & Jean Bethke Elshtain.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 90044116 //r91
- OCLC: 22239670