Video/Film , DVD in English
London Films ; produced by Don Boyd, Guy Ford, Mordecai Schreiber ; screenplay, Derek Jarman ; directed by Derek Jarman.
- New York : Kino on Video, ©2000.
- 1 videodisc (95 min.) sound, colored ; 4 3/4 in.
Eisenhower M Level Service Desk - AVPR2833 .A23 J374 2000 c. 2Available
- Also known as
- Derek Jarman's The tempest
- Title on disc container: Derek Jarman's adaptation of Shakespeare's The tempest
- Cinematography, Peter Middleton.
- Cast: Toyah Willcox, Heathcote Williams, Karl Johnson, Elisabeth Welch.
- An interpretation of Shakespeare's play The Tempest, with elaborate staging and modern touches. It tells the story of Prospero, the magician, who lives with his nubile daughter on an enchanted island and punishes his enemies when they are shipwrecked there. It's a study of sexual and political power in the guise of a fairy tale.
- Other information
- Originally issued as a motion picture in 1979.
- Special features: Three rare short films by Derek Jarman: a Journey to Avebury (1971), Garden of Luxor (1972) and Art of Mirrors (1973) and the text of the original theatrical presskit for The Tempest.
- "This film is presented in the full-frame (1.33:1) aspect ratio, as it was intended to be seen"--container.
- Identifying numbers
- OCLC: 43739679