Book , Print in English
The Blackwell dictionary of sociology : a user's guide to sociological language
Allan G. Johnson.
- Malden, Mass. : Blackwell Publishers, 2000.
- 2nd ed.
- xii, 413 pages : illustrations; 24 cm.
Get a copy from a partner library in 2-3 weeks. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Use the request button to place a hold on this item.
- Also known as
- Dictionary of sociology
- "This new edition of Allan G. Johnson's one-volume dictionary includes 75 new entries, as well as an expanded biographical section, extensive revisions and updates, and more thorough cross-referencing. The combination of clear prose, engaging examples, a single author's voice, and minimal assumptions about the average reader's prior knowledge of the field, makes this a distinctive and valuable reference work." "Johnson defines amorphous and fuzzy sociological concepts in a lively and sensible way and his book provides an introduction to what it means to think sociologically. For a deeper understanding of social life, and of the only discipline dedicated to making sense of it in all its diversity, this dictionary is a perfect guide."--BOOK JACKET.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 0631216804 (hb : alk. paper)
- 0631216812 (pb : alk. paper)
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 99049053
- OCLC: 42476680