Video/Film , DVD in English
The big sleep
Warner Bros. ; a Howard Hawks production.
- Burbank, CA : Warner Home Video, ©2000.
- 1 videodisc (230 min.) : sound, b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- DVD (NTSC region 1).
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower M Level ReservesPS3505.H3224 B52 2000 c. 1Available
- Screenplay, William Faulkner, Leigh Brackett, Jules Furthman ; photography, Sid Hickox ; music, Max Steiner ; directed and produced by Howard Hawks.
- Cast: Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall, Martha Vickers, Dorothy Malone.
- L.A. private eye Philip Marlowe takes on a blackmail case and follows a trail peopled with murderers, pornographers, nightclub rogues and the spoiled rich.
- Side A: The 1946 theatrical release version
- Side B: The 1945 prerelease version.
- Other information
- Rerelease of the 1946 motion picture.
- Based on the novel by Raymond Chandler.
- Special features: the documentary "The big sleep comparisons 1945/1946 versions" ; theatrical trailer.
- "Presented in a format preserving the aspect ratio of its original theatrical exhibition."
- Language: English and French subtitles.
- Publisher's number
- 65026 Warner Home Video
- Identifying numbers
- UPC: 1256950262
- OCLC: 43543301