Video/Film , DVD in English
Frankenstein : the man who made a monster
Universal Pictures Corporation ; produced by Carl Laemmle, Jr. ; screenplay, Garrett Fort, Francis Edwards Faragoh ; directed by James Whale.
- Universal City, CA : Universal Studios Home Video, ©1999.
- Restored version.
- 1 videodisc (71 min.) : sound, b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- DVD (NTSC region 1); 2.0 mono.
Eisenhower M Level Service Desk - AVPN1995.9.H6F735 1999 c. 1AvailableEisenhower M Level Service Desk - AVPN1995.9.H6F735 1999 c. 2Available
- Cinematographer, Arthur Edeson; editor, Clarence Kolster.
- Cast: Boris Karloff, Colin Clive, Mae Clarke, John Boles, Edward van Sloan, Frederick Kerr, Dwight Frye, Lionel Belmore, Marilyn Harris.
- Dr. Frankenstein dares to tamper with life and death by creating a human monster in his laboratory but his dreams of perfection are thwarted when the monster becomes an uncontrollable beast.
- Other information
- Adapted by John L. Balderston from a play by Peggy Webling based on the story by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley.
- Originally produced as motion picture in 1931.
- Special features include feature commentary with Rudy Behlmer, production notes, cast and filmmaker's bios, film highlights, theatrical trailers, web links, original documentary on the making of the Frankenstein films, entitled "Boo!" and "The Frankenstein files", a documentary by David J. Skal.
- Language: In English with optional French subtitles; closed-captioned in English for the hearing impaired.
- Publisher's number
- 20325 Universal Studios Home Video
- Identifying numbers
- OCLC: 42206540