Book , Print in English
Battling demons : witchcraft, heresy, and reform in the late Middle Ages
Michael D. Bailey.
- University Park, Pa. : Pennsylvania State University Press, ©2003.
- xii, 200 pages : illustrations; 25 cm.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower M Level ReservesBF1569.B35 2003 c. 1Available
- Introduction: Witchcraft, heresy, and reform in the fifteenth century
- The life of Johannes Nider
- Witchcraft in the writings of Johannes Nider
- The threat of heresy : Hussites, free spirits, and beguines
- Reform of the orders, reform of the religious spirit
- The reform of the Christian world : Johannes Nider's Formicarius
- Witchcraft and reform
- Conclusion: Witchcraft and the world of the late Middle Ages
- Appendix I: Chronology of Nider's life and datable works
- Appendix II: Dating of Nider's major works used in this study
- Appendix III: Manuscript copies of Nider's treatises.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -195) and index.
- 0271022256 (alk. paper)
- 0271022264 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 2002010394
- OCLC: 50143639