Video/Film, DVD in English
Battling for babies
produced by Summer Productions for Discovery Health Channel ; producer, Catherine Sager ; writers, Barry Wolverton, Catherine Sager.
- Bethesda, MD : Discovery Communications ; Princeton, N.J. : Films for the Humanities & Sciences, ©2002.
- 1 videodisc (51 min.) sound, colored ; 4 3/4 in.
- DVD (NTSC region 1).
Eisenhower M Level Service DeskRJ250 .B38 2000 c. 1Available
- Director of photography, Sheila M. Smith ; series producer, Elizabeth Brach ; series writer, Patrick Prentice.
- Narrator, Mike New.
- The neonatal unit at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore is the focus of this episode of the series, Nurses, as the viewer gets a first-hand look at the daily routine in a busy critical care unit. Working with premature babies, the program following the case of triplet girls, two born with respiratory problems, and a baby boy born over three months too early. The nurses also work with well-woman/prenatal/postnatal programs and with parents and siblings to deal with the realities of premature birth. The nurses discuss the satisfaction with their jobs, as well as how they deal with the death of a patient.
- Other information
- Episode of the Discovery Channel television series Nurses, first aired January-February 2001.
- Publisher's number
- FFH 29898 Films for the Humanities & Sciences
- Identifying numbers
- OCLC: 51938453