Video/Film , DVD in English
produced by Summer Productions for Discovery Health Channel ; producers, Paulette Moore, Barry Wolverton ; writer, Barry Wolvertone.
- Bethesda, MD : Discovery Communications ; Princeton, N.J. : Films for the Humanities & Sciences, 2000.
- 1 videodisc (51 min.) sound, colored ; 4 3/4 in.
- DVD (NTSC region 1).
- Director of photography, Richard Chisolm ; series producer, Elizabeth Brach ; series writer, Patrick Prentice.
- Narrator, Mike New.
- The emergency room at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore is the focus of this episode of the series, Nurses, as the viewer gets a first-hand look at the daily routine in a busy critical care unit. In this chaotic atmosphere, the nurses are followed as they perform triage to prioritize patient care. They work with patients in various conditions, providing both medical care and emotional support, while also anticipating doctor and resident needs. The nurses comment on the satisfaction they find in their work, as well as the stresses and dangers they encounter.
- Other information
- Episode of the Discovery Channel television series Nurses, first aired January-February 2001.
- Publisher's number
- FFH 29897 Films for the Humanities & Sciences
- Identifying numbers
- OCLC: 51938451