Video/Film, DVD in English
Touch of mercy
produced by Summer Productions for Discovery Health Channel ; producer/director, Wynette Yao ; writer, Patrick Prentice.
- Bethesda, MD : Discovery Communications ; Princeton, N.J. : Films for the Humanities & Sciences, 2000.
- 1 videodisc (51 min.) sound, colored ; 4 3/4 in.
- DVD (NTSC region 1).
Eisenhower M Level Service DeskRT82 .N877 2000 c. 1Available
- Director of photography, Brett Wiley ; series producer, Elizabeth Brach.
- Narrator, Mike New.
- Oncology nurses at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore are the focus of this episode of the series, Nurses. As these nurses work with cancer patients, they provide various treatments, pain management, family therapy, and emotional support as well as helping people "die well." The nurses work with patients with leukemia, bone cancer, testicular cancer, breast cancer and lung cancer in the hospital, outpatient treatments, and hospice care. They discuss the satisfaction they find in working with these patients as well as their frustrations working with some of the families, their relationships with patients that they see daily, and how they deal with the inevitable death of some of these patients.
- Other information
- Episode of the Discovery Channel television series Nurses, first aired January-February 2001.
- Publisher's number
- FFH 29899 Films for the Humanities & Sciences
- Identifying numbers
- OCLC: 51938456