Book , Print in English
Roman imperialism and provincial art
edited by Sarah Scott, Jane Webster.
- Cambridge, UK ; New York : Cambridge University Press, 2003.
- xvi, 256 pages : illustrations; 26 cm.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower D LevelN5763 .R67 2003 c. 2Checked outChecked out, Due: May 5 2019Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
- Provincial art and Roman imperialism: an overview / Sarah Scott
- Art, Romanization and competence / Catherine Johns
- Art as resistance and negotiation / Jane Webster
- 'The hanged men dance': Barbarians in Trajanic art / Iain Ferris
- Female representation in Roman art: feminizing the provincial 'other' / Rene Rodgers
- Poles apart?: Perceptions of gender in Gallo-British cult-iconography / Miranda Aldhouse Green
- The Captains and the Kings depart / Martin Henig
- Seeing Apollo in Roman Gaul and Germany / Greg Wool
- Family values? Art and power at Ghirza in the Libyan pre-desert / David Mattingly
- The houses of Antioch: a study of the domestic sphere in the imperial Near East / Shelley Hales
- Art and identity in Asia Minor / Zahra Newby
- Art and aesthetics: a personal view / Martin Henig.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 228-250) and index.
- 0521805929 (HB)
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 2002074044
- OCLC: 50227666