Book , Print in English
The World in miniature : engravings by the German Little Masters, 1500-1550
edited by Stephen H. Goddard ; essays by Patricia A. Emison ... [et al.] ; contributions by Henry Fullenwider, Andrew Stevens.
- [Lawrence, Kan.] : Spencer Museum of Art, University of Kansas, ©1988.
- 1st ed.
- 240 pages : illustrations; 28 cm.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower D LevelNE651.W67 1988 QUARTO c. 1Request at ILSThis item is unavailable. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
- The origin, use, and heritage of the small engraving in northern Europe / Stephen H. Goddard
- The Little Masters, Italy and Rome / Patricia A. Emison
- The erotic engravings of Sebald and Barthel Beham / Janey L. Levy --Altdorfer and the first Little Master engravings
- Allegory and antiquity --Religious themes
- Mortality and sexuality
- Soldiers, peasants, and the secular world.
- Other information
- Catalog of an exhibition held Sept. 4-Oct. 23, 1988, at the University of Kansas, and at three other museums.
- Includes indexes.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 226-235).
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 88060842
- OCLC: 18447958