Video/Film, Manuscript/Archive, VHS in English
A hospital never sleeps
- [Baltimore, Md.] : Johns Hopkins University, 
- 1 videocassette (29 min., 40 sec.) : sound, b&w ; 1/2 in.
Libraries Service CenterVideo A6218 c. 1Available
- Lynn Poole, producer ; Paul Kane, director ; Joel Chaseman, Ted Jaffee, narrators ; produced by WAAM television station in Baltimore, Md. for the Dumont Network.
- Lynn Poole, presenter.
- This program is a behind-the-scenes film featuring the people and activities at Johns Hopkins Hospital between 9:00 PM and 9:00 AM. Lad Grapski, assistant director of administrative services at the hospital, discusses the various roles of the hospital staff: guards, accountants, switchboard operators, cleaning crew, and maintenance men. Electrician Vincent Tomasetti demonstrates his procedure in making an electrical repair in the operating room of the Halsted Clinic. Pediatrician Dr. Thomas Reichelderzfer represents the professionals at the Harriet Lane Home children's hospital. Members of the emergency accident room staff include the registrar, x-ray technician, operating room nurses, and surgeons. In the obstetrics ward of the Women's Clinic, nurses tend to newborn babies. Cook Waverly Jennings notes that the hospital's food staff prepares 4,200 meals a day for patients and employees. Dr. Harry L. Chant, assistant director for professional services, comments on other continuous hospital functions, such as preparing for skin grafts or other surgeries.
- Other information
- Originally broadcast as a segment of the television program Johns Hopkins science review on January 21, 1952 from the studios of WAAM in Baltimore, Md.
- Identifying numbers
- OCLC: 56019033