Book , Print in English
Grasping the nettle : analyzing cases of intractable conflict
Chester A. Crocker, Fen Osler Hampson, and Pamela Aall.
- Washington, D.C. : United States Institute of Peace Press, 2005.
- xxv, 410 pages : illustrations; 23 cm.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower B LevelJZ6385.C76 2005 c. 1Request at ILSThis item is unavailable. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.JZ6385 .C76 2005AvailableJZ6385 .C76 2005 c. 2AvailableJZ6385 .C76 2005 c. 3Available
- Introduction: mapping the nettle field / Chester A. Crocker, Fen Osler Hampson, Pamela Aall
- Comparative study of long wars / Roy Licklider
- Analyzing intractability / I. William Zartman
- Nature, dynamics, and phases of intractability / Louis Kriesberg
- Mediation in the most resistant cases / Jacob Bercovitch
- Negotiating intractable conflicts: the contributions of unofficial intermediaries / Diana Chigas
- Can Sudan escape its intractability? / J. Stephen Morrison and Alex de Waal
- Intractability and third-party mediation in the Balkans / Steven L. Burg
- Angola: the end of an intractable conflict / Paul Hare
- Third parties and intractable conflicts: the case of Colombia / Cynthia J. Arnson and Teresa Whitfield
- The uses of deadlock: intractability in Eurasia / Charles King
- Kashmir: fifty years of running in place / Howard B. Schaffer and Teresita C. Schaffer
- "Intractable" confrontation on the Korean Peninsula: a contribution to regional stability? / Scott Snyder
- Intractability and the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict / Stephen Cohen
- Beyond resolution? the Palestinian-Israeli Conflict / Shibley Telhami
- Conclusion: from intractable to tractable--the outlook and implications for third parties / Chester A. Crocker, Fen Osler Hampson, Pamela Aall.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1929223617 (alk. paper)
- 1929223609 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 2004054915
- OCLC: 56324564