Video/Film , DVD in English
Pickup on South Street
20th Century Fox ; screen play by Samuel Fuller, from a story by Dwight Taylor ; produced by Jules Schermer ; directed by Samuel Fuller.
- [Irvington, NY?] : Criterion Collection, ©2004.
- 1 videodisc (ca. 80 min.) : sound, b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- DVD (NTSC region 1).
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower M Level ReservesPN1997 . P53 2004 c. 1Available
- Also known as
- Title on container: Samuel Fuller's Pickup on South Street
- Director of photography, Joseph MacDonald ; art directors, George Patrick, Lyle R. Wheeler ; editor, Nick De Maggio ; music, Leigh Harline ; costume designer, Travilla ; special photographic effects, Ray Kellogg.
- Cast: Richard Widmark, Jean Peters, Thelma Ritter, Murvyn Vye, Richard Kiley, Willis Bouchey, Jerry O'Sullivan, Harry Carter.
- Petty crook Skip McCoy has his eye set on the big score. When the three-time convict picks the pocketbook of unsuspecting Candy, he finds a haul bigger than he ever could have imagined: a strip of microfilm bearing confidential U.S. secrets. Tailed by the Feds and the unwitting courier's Communist puppeteers, Skip and Candy find themselves in a precarious gambit that pits greed against redemption.
- Other information
- Full screen format (aspect ratio 1.33:1).
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1953.
- Special features: exclusive video interview with the late Sam Fuller ; Cinéma cinémas: "Fuller", French television show with Fuller discussing the making of the film ; illustrated biographical essay on Fuller ; complete Fuller poster filmography ; stills galleries of photos, lobby cards, and original paintings ; trailers for eight Sam Fuller films ; 20-page booklet including excerpts from Fuller's "A third face: my tale of writing, fighting, and filmmaking" featuring Martin Scorsese's introduction, and Fuller on Pickup on South Street, plus a new essay by acclaimed cultural historian Luc Sante.
- Not rated by MPAA.
- Language: Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- Publisher's number
- CC1600D Criterion Collection
- Identifying numbers
- UPC: 715515015028
- OCLC: 53997060