Book , Print in English
Fashionable lectures : composed and delivered with birch discipline
by the following and many other beautiful ladies who have filled, with universal approbation, the characters of mother, step-mother, governess, lady's maid, kept-mistress, house-keeper, & c. & c. ... with preliminary observations on the pleasures of birch, administered by the lovely hand of a favourite lady.
- [London : J.C. Hotten, 1872]
- The fourth edition, with considerable additions.
- 120,  p. ; 20 cm. (8vo)
George Peabody Library, Non-Circ306.775 L4977 no.7 c. 1
- In clamshell box with spine title: Essays on flagellation.
- This reproduction
- Reprint. Originally published: London : Printed for G. Peacock, no. 66, Drury-Lane, [between 1786 and 1790?]
- Erotica — England — 18th century.
- Erotica — England — 19th century.
- Other information
- "From the original editions collected by the late Henry Thomas Buckle, author of "A history of civilization in England."
- Original tract did not come from the library of H.T. Buckle, but was reproduced from a copy in the possession of contemporary London collector. Name of original publisher (George Peacock) may be fictitious. He must have been associated with William Holland, at 66 Drury Lane. Cf. Ashbee.
- Signatures: [A]² B-H⁸ I⁴.
- Publisher's catalogue on p. [3-4] at end.
- Indexed by: Ashbee, H.S. Bibliography of prohibited books, v. 1, p. 239-256, 371-375
- Identifying numbers
- OCLC: 15379428