Book , Print in English
Masculinities and Hong Kong cinema
edited by Laikwan Pang & Day Wong.
- Hong Kong : Hong Kong University Press ; London : Eurospan [distributor], 2005.
- xi, 342 pages ; 24 cm.
Eisenhower D Level Blue LabelsPN1993.5.C4 M373 2005 c. 1Available
- Introduction, Diversity of masculinities in Hong Kong cinema / Laikwan Pang
- Making movies male : Zhang Che and the Shaw brothers martial arts movies, 1965-1975 / David Desser
- Post-1977 Hong Kong masculinity / Laikwan Pang
- Queering masculinity in Hong Kong movies / Travis S. K. Kong
- Unsung heroes : reading transgender subjectivities in Hong Kong action cinema / Helen Hok-sze Leung
- Kung Fu films in diaspora : death of the bamboo hero / Sheng-mei Ma
- Obtuse music and the nebulous male : the haunting presence of Taiwan in Hong Kong films of the 1990s / Shen Shiao-Ying
- Fighting female masculinity : women warriors and their foreignness in Hong Kong action cinema of the 1980s / Kwai-cheung Lo
- Unworthy subject : slaughter, cannibalism and postcoloniality / James A. Steintrager
- Bringing breasts into the mainstream / Yeeshan Chan
- Post-Fordist production and the re-appropriation of Hong Kong masculinity in Hollywood / Wai Kit Choi
- Masculinities in self-invention : critics' discourses on Kung Fu-action movies and comedies / Agnes S. Ku
- Women's reception of mainstream Hong Kong cinema / Day Wong.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9622097375 (hbk.)
- 9622097383 (pbk.)
- Identifying numbers
- OCLC: 57751323