Video/Film , DVD in German
a Decla-Bioscop/UFA Production ; screenplay, Thea von Harbou ; directed by Fritz Lang.
- New York : Kino on Video, ©2002.
- 2 videodiscs (291 min.) : sound, b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- DVD (NTSC region 1), full frame 1.33:1 aspect ratio, RSDL dual-layer edition.
Eisenhower M Level Service Desk - AVPN1995.75.N543 2002 c. 1Available
- Photography by Carl Hoffman, Gunther Rittau.
- Cast: [Disc 1]. Siegfried: Paul Richter, Margareta Schoen, Theodor Loos. [Disc 2]. Kriemhild's Rache: Theodor Loos, Margareta Schoen. With Hanna Ralph, Hans Adalbert Schlettow, Rudolf Klein-Rogge.
- In part one, Siegfried wins the hand of Kriemhilde by slaying the dragon and defeating Brunhilde. When Brunhilde learns that magic has been used to conquer her, she has Siegfried murdered. In part two, Kriemhilde seeks revenge for Siegfried's death and marries Attila, king of the Huns, in order to further her purpose.
- pt. 1. Siegfried (143 min.)
- pt. 2. Kriemhilds Rache = Kriemhild's revenge (148 min.).
- Other information
- Originally produced in Germany as a 2-part silent motion picture in 1924.
- Based on the 12th century epic poem Die Nibelungenlied.
- Silent film with orchestral score; restored by the Munich Film Archive.
- "Special contents of this edition: c1991 Film Preservation Associates."
- Special features include: footage of Fritz Lang on the set, production design and special effects sketches by Erich Kettelhut, comparison of the dragon-slaying scenes from Siegfried and The thief of Baghdad, original 1924 score performed by the Munich Radio Orchestra, essay by film scholar Jan-Christopher Horak, optimal image quality, new English title translation, photo gallery, including rare behind-the-scenes images.
- Language: [Disc 1], English credits and intertitles; [Disc 2], credits and intertitles in German with English translation.
- Publisher's number
- K265 Kino on Video
- Identifying numbers
- UPC: 738329026523
- OCLC: 51231514