Video/Film , VHS in Spanish , English
Ruins : a fake documentary = Una pelicula documental falsificada
a film by Jesse Lerner.
- [Hollywood, Calif.] : Lightning Dubbs, 1999.
- 1 videocassette (78 min.) : sound, b&w ; 1/2 in.
Libraries Service CenterVideo A6497 c. 1Available
- Also known as
- Fake documentary
- Pelicula documental falsificada
- Animation, Lourdes Villagomez ; music, Carl Heinrich Graun.
- Brigido Lara, Sir Eric Thompson, Sylvanus G. Morley, Maria Elena Gaitan.
- Counterfeiting is a practice with broad implications, from the merest of fake objects to entire histories shaped as facsimile. Here filmmaker Lerner collates early colonial misconceptions of the Mexican populace, a jumble of ethnographic and political distortions. From there he charts the process that recontextualizes archeological objects as art. At the center of the film is master forger Brigido Lara, whose pre-columbian objects have been exhibited in major museums throughout the U.S. and Europe.
- Other information
- Originally produced in 1998.
- "C/S 1999"--Container.
- Language: In Spanish and English with Spanish and English subtitles.
- Identifying numbers
- OCLC: 56878231