Book , Print in English
Modern physical organic chemistry
Eric V. Anslyn, Dennis A. Dougherty.
- Sausalito, Calif. : University Science, ©2006.
- xxviii, 1099 pages : illustrations(some colored) ; 29 cm.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower C LevelQD476.A57 2006 QUARTO c. 1RecallChecked out, Due: Dec 20 2018Use the request button to be added to the waiting list for this item OR use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
- Pt.1. Molecular structure and thermodynamics. Introduction to structure and models of bonding ; Strain and stability ; Solutions and non-covalent binding forces ; Molecular recognition and supramolecular chemistry ; Acid-base chemistry ; Stereochemistry.
- Pt.2. Reactivity, kinetics, and mechanisms. Energy surfaces and kinetic analyses ; Experiments related to thermodynamics and kinetics ; Catalysis ; Organic reaction mechanisms, Pt.1: Reactions involving additions and/or eliminations ; Organic reaction mechanisms, Pt.2: Substitutions at aliphatic centers and thermal isomerizations/rearrangements ; Organotransition metal reaction mechanisms and catalysis ; Organic polymer and materials chemistry.
- Pt.3. Electronic structure: theory and applications. Advanced concepts in electronic structure theory ; Thermal pericyclic reactions ; Photochemistry ; Electronic organic materials.
- Appendix 1: Conversion factors and other useful data.
- Appendix 2: Electrostatic potential surfaces for representative organic molecules.
- Appendix 3: Group orbitals of common functional groups: representative examples using simple molecules.
- Appendix 4: The organic structures of biology.
- Appendix 5: Pushing electrons.
- Appendix 6: Reaction to mechanism nomenclature.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 1891389319 (alk. paper)
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 2004049617
- OCLC: 55600610