Video/Film , DVD in English
Harlan County, USA
a Cabin Creek Films ; produced and directed by Barbara Kopple.
- [Irvington, NY] : Criterion Collection ; Janus Films, ©2006.
- Special ed.
- 1 videodisc (ca. 104 min.) : sound, colored ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 booklet (20 p.)
- DVD (NTSC region 1), widescreen (1.78:1) presentation; Dolby Digital mono.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower M Level ReservesHD5325.M615H3 2006 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: May 21 2018 12:41 PMAnother patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
- Cinematography, Hart Perry, Kevin Keating ; editor, Nancy Baker ; music, Hazel Dickens, Merle Travis.
- Documents the 1973 Kentucky coal miners' strike against the operators of the Brookside mine and the Duke Power Company, which resulted from the company's refusal to honor the national contract of the United Mine Workers of America.
- Other information
- Title from container.
- Videodisc release of a 1976 documentary.
- New essays by film scholar Paul Arthur and music journalist Jon Weisberger in booklet in container.
- Special features: New , restored high-definition digital transfer, supervised by director-producer Barbara Kopple; audio commentary by Kopple and editor Nancy Baker; "The making-of 'Harlan County, USA': a new documentary featuring interviews with Kopple, crew members and strike participants featured in film; New video interview with legendary bluegrass singer-songwriter Hazel Dickens; never-before-seen outtakes from the film; new video interview with director John Sayles; a panel discussion from the 2005 Sundance Festival featuring Kopple and Roger Ebert ; original theatrical trailer.
- MPAA rating: PG.
- Publisher's number
- HAR120 Criterion Collection
- Identifying numbers
- UPC: 037429208328
- OCLC: 70081580