Book , Print in English
Self portrait : Renaissance to contemporary
Anthony Bond and Joanna Woodall ; with essays by T.J. Clark, Ludmilla Jordanova and Joseph Leo Koerner.
- London : National Portrait Gallery ; Sydney : Art Gallery of New South Wales ; ©2005.
- 215 pages : colored illustrations portraits ; 30 cm.
Eisenhower D LevelN7618.B66 2005 QUARTO c. 1Available
- "With 140 images from collections all over the world, from Van Eyck to Chuck Close, this book includes pioneering essays on self-portraiture by leading art historians as well as informative analyses of almost sixty major works. The artists are shown constructing their identity, setting the scene for their life and times and above all showing themselves as creative individuals often captured in the act of conjuring their own image in the studio."--BOOK JACKET.
- 'Every painter paints himself' : self-portraiture and creativity / Joanna Woodall
- Performing the self? / Anthony Bond
- body of the artist / Ludmilla Jordanova
- look of self-portraiture / T. J. Clark
- Self-portraiture direct and oblique / Joseph Leo Koerner
- Selected works.
- Other information
- Catalogue of an exhibition held at the National Portrait Gallery, London, England, 20th October 2005 - 29th January 2006 and the Art Gallery of New South Wales, Sydney, 17th February - 14th May 2006.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 210-211) and index.
- 1855143577 (pbk.)
- 0734763778 (Aust.)
- 1855143569 (hbk.)
- Identifying numbers
- EAN: 9781855143579
- EAN: 9781855143562
- LCCN: 2006386175
- OCLC: 70878188