Book , Print in English
Canaanite myth and Hebrew epic : essays in the history of the religion of Israel
Frank Moore Cross.
- Cambridge, Mass., Harvard University Press, 1997, ©1973.
- 1st Harvard University Press pbk. ed.
- xviii, 376 pages ; 24 cm.
Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
- Also known as
- Essays in the history of the religion of Israel
- History of the religion of Israel
- Local Subjects
- "Directed toward a synthesis of the history of the religion of Israel, the essays in this volume address key aspects of Israelite religious development. Cross traces the continuities between early Israelite religion and the Canaanite culture from which it emerged; explores the tension between the mythic and the historical in Israel's religious expression; and examines the reemergence of Canaanite mythic material in the apocalypticism of early Christianity and the Dead Sea Scrolls."--BOOK JACKET.
- I. Religion of Canaan and the God of Israel
- II. Cultus of the Israelite League
- III. League and Kingdom
- IV. Kings and Prophets
- V. Exile and Apocalyptic.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
- Identifying numbers
- OCLC: 38057769