Online in English
Politics of the womb : women, reproduction, and the state in Kenya
Lynn M. Thomas.
- Berkeley : University of California Press, ©2003.
- xiii, 300 pages : maps ; 24 cm.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
- This reproduction
- Electronic text and image data. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University of Michigan, MPublishing, 2005. Includes both TIFF files and keyword searchable text. ([ACLS Fellows’ Publications]) ([ACLS Humanities E-Book]) Mode of access: Intranet. This volume is made possible by a grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
- Imperial populations and "women's affairs"
- Colonial uplift and girl-midwives
- Mau Mau and the girls who "circumcised themselves"
- Late colonial customs and wayward schoolgirls
- Postcolonial nationalism and "modern" single mothers.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 235-287) and index.