Book , Print in English
Epidemiology : beyond the basics
Moyses Szklo, F. Javier Nieto.
- Sudbury, Mass. : Jones and Bartlett Publishers, ©2007.
- 2nd ed.
- xiii, 489 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
Use the request button to place a hold on this item.
RA651 .S998 2007 c. HYG1 | Virtual Shelf BrowseChecked out, Due: Apr 30 2021This copy is unavailable. Click “Request Pickup” to check BorrowDirect for another copy.
RA651 .S998 2007 c. HYG2 | Virtual Shelf BrowseUse BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
RA651 .S998 2007 c. HYG3 | Virtual Shelf BrowseChecked out, Due: Apr 30 2021This copy is unavailable. Click “Request Pickup” to check BorrowDirect for another copy.
- Medical Subjects
- Local Subjects
- Written for those who are familiar with the basic strategies of analytic epidemiology, this book takes readers through a more rigorous discussion of key epidemiologic concepts and methods such as study design, measures of association, research assessment, and more. This thorough revision features end-of-chapter exercises as well as an entirely new chapter devoted to issues related to the interface between epidemiology, health policy, and public health, such as Rothman's causality model, proximal and distal causes, and Hill's guidelines. Careful attention is also given to sensitivity analysis, meta-analysis, and publication bias.
- note: Ch. 1 Basic study designs in analytical epidemiology
- Ch. 2 Measuring disease occurrence
- Ch. 3 Measuring associations between exposures and outcomes
- Ch. 4 Understanding lack of validity : bias
- Ch. 5 Identifying noncausal associations : confounding
- Ch. 6 Defining and assessing heterogeneity of effects : interaction
- Ch. 7 Stratification and adjustment : multivariage analysis in epidemiology
- Ch. 8 Quality assurance and control
- Ch. 9 Communicating results of epidemiologic studies.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- INST: Provenance - Gift of Kenrad Nelson, M.D. , 2019.
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 2006006230
- OCLC: 64442824
- OCLC: 64442824