Book , Print , Conference in English
Flemish manuscript painting in context : recent research
edited by Elizabeth Morrison and Thomas Kren.
- Los Angeles : J. Paul Getty Museum, ©2006.
- viii, 198 pages : illustrations(some colored) ; 28 cm.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower D LevelND3171.F54 2006 QUARTO c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Jun 30 2019Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
- Pt. 1. Illuminated manuscripts in the Burgundian court
- Ch. 1. Jan van der Scaghe and Anne de Memere, the first owners of the hours of 1480 in the Abbey Library at Nova Rise / Lorne Campbell
- Ch. 2. undecorated margin : the fashion for luxury books without borders / Catherine Reynolds
- Ch. 3. very Burgundian hero : the figure of Alexander the great under the rule of Philip the good / Chrystele Blondeau
- Ch. 4. role of dress in the image of Charles the Bold, Duke of Burgundy / Margaret Scott
- Pt. 2. Techniques, media, and the organization of production
- Ch. 5. suggestive brush : painting techniques in Flemish manuscripts from the collections of the J. Paul Getty Museum and the Huntington Library / Nancy K. Turner
- Ch. 6. Flemish manuscript production, care, and repair : fifteenth-century sources / Lieve Watteeuw
- Ch. 7. Rogier van der Weyden and manuscript illumination / Lorne Campbell
- Ch. 8. On relationships between Netherlandish drawing and manuscript illumination in the fifteenth century / Stephanie Buck
- Ch. 9. Flemish illuminated manuscripts : assessing archival evidence / Jan Van der Stock
- Pt. 3. Individual illuminators
- Ch. 10. master of Fitzwilliam 268 : new discoveries and new and revisited hypotheses / Gregory T. Clark
- Ch. 11. Marketing books for Burghers : Jean Markant's activity in Tournai, Lille, and Bruges / Dominique Vanwijnsberghe
- Ch. 12. Iconographic originality in the Oeuvre of the master of the David scenes / Elizabeth Morrison
- Pt. 4. Directions for further research
- Ch. 13. Scholarship on Flemish manuscript illumination of the renaissance : remarks on past, present, and future / James H. Marrow
- Ch. 14. One hundred years of the study of Netherlandish manuscripts / Jonathan J. G. Alexander
- App. Scribe biographies / Richard Gay.
- Other information
- "Based on symposia held at the J. Paul Getty Museum Los Angeles (September 5-6, 2003), and at the Courtauld Institute of Art, London (February 21, 2004, under the sponsorship of the Courtauld Institute and the Royal Academy of Arts), with an additional essay by Margaret Scott."
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 0892368527 (pbk.)
- 9780892368525 (pbk.)
- Identifying numbers
- EAN: 9780892368525
- LCCN: 2006004171
- OCLC: 63692693