Video/Film , DVD in Swedish
A film trilogy
by Ingmar Bergman.
- [Irvington, N.Y.] : Criterion Collection, ©2003.
- 4 videodiscs (ca. 410 min.) : sound, b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- DVD (NTSC region 1), full screen presentation; Dolby Digital mono.
Eisenhower M Level Service Desk - AVPN1995.9.F4B47 2003 c. 1Multiple Items
- disc 1-4
- Photography, Sven Nykvist ; editor, Ulla Ryghe ; music, E. Blöndal Bengtsson.
- Cast: Harriet Andersson, Gunnar Björnstrand, Max Von Sydow, Lars Passgård, Ingrid Thulin, Gunnel Lindblom, Birger Malmsten, Håkan Jahnberg, Jorgen Lindström.
- This four disc set features Swedish director Ingmar Bergman's work on three of his most powerful films presented as a trilogy. The films of the trilogy examine the necessity of religion and question the promise of faith. The last disc is a documentary film offering views on set construction, lighting, rehearsals, editing, as well as intimate conversations with Ingmar Bergman and members of his cast and crew.
- Disc 1. Through a glass darkly
- disc 2. Winter light
- disc 3. The silence
- disc 4. Ingmar Bergman makes a movie.
- Other information
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1961-1963.
- Special features: new high-definition transfers of the trilogy films, with restored image and sound; exploring the film: video discussion with Ingmar Bergman biographer Peter Cowie; essays by film scholars Peter Matthews, Peter Cowie, and Leo Braudy, and filmmaker Vilgot Sjöman; poster gallery for the films of the trilogy; original U.S. theatrical trailer.
- Language: In Swedish or English-dubbed soundtrack with optional English subtitles.
- Publisher's number
- 208 Criterion collection
- Identifying numbers
- UPC: 037429181522
- OCLC: 54471154
- OCLC: 54471154