Video/Film , DVD in French
Breathless : À bout de souffle
Les Films Georges de Beauregard, S.N.C ; Janus Films ; producer, Georges de Beauregard ; written and directed by Jean-Luc Godard.
- [Irvington, N.Y.] : Criterion Collection, ©2007.
- 2 videodiscs (90 min.) : sound, b&w ; 4 3/4 in. Accompanied by: 1 booklet (80 pages : illustrations; 19 cm.)
- DVD (NTSC region 1); Dolby digital mono ; full screen format.
Eisenhower M Level Service Desk - AVPN1997.A226 2007 c. 1Multiple Items
- Accompanying guide has the call number: DVD 3449 guide
Eisenhower M Level Service Desk - AVPN1997.A226 2007 guide c. 1Multiple Items
- disc 1-2
- Accompanies DVD that has the call number: DVD 3449
- 1 v.
- Also known as
- Uniform Title: À bout de souffle (Motion picture)
- Director of photography, Raoul Coutard ; music, Martial Solal ; editor, Cecile Decugis ; technical advisor, Claude Chabrol.
- Cast: Jean-Paul Belmondo, Jean Seberg, Daniel Boulanger, Henri-Jacques Huet, Van Doude.
- French films.
- French new wave films.
- A small-time hood kills a police officer and tries to leave France, but his American girlfriend betrays him to the police, leading to a deadly conclusion.
- Other information
- Based on an original treatment by François Truffaut.
- Originally produced as a motion picture in 1960.
- Special features: Disc one: new, restored high-definition, digital transfer, approved by d.p. Raoul Coutard ; archival interviews with director Jean-Luc Godard and actors Jean-Paul Belmondo, Jean Seberg, and Jean-Pierre Melville ; French theatrical trailer ; new and improved English subtitle translation. Disc two: new video interviews with Coutard, asst. director Pierre Rissient, and filmmaker D.A. Pennebaker ; new video essays: filmmaker Mark Rappaport's Jean Seberg and critic Jonathan Rosenbaum's "Breathless as Criticism" ; "Chambre 12, Hotel de Suede," an eighty-minute French documentary about the making of Breathless with members of the cast and crew ; "Charlotte et son Jules," a 1959 short by Godard starring Belmondo ; plus: a book featuring an essay by scholar Dudley Andrew, writings by Godard, Francois Truffaut's original film treatment, and Godard's scenario.
- Language: In French with optional English subtitles.
- Publisher's number
- CC1716 The Criterion Collection
- Identifying numbers
- UPC: 715515026222
- OCLC: 181222846
- OCLC: 181222846