Book , Print in English
Weaving, veiling, and dressing : textiles and their metaphors in the late Middle Ages
edited by Kathryn M. Rudy and Barbara Baert.
- Turnhout : Brepols, ©2007.
- xx, 361 pages: illustrations(some colored) ; 25 cm.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower M Level ReservesNK8808.W42 2007 c. 1Available
- Introduction: Miraculous Textiles in Exempla and Images from the Low Countries / Kathryn M. Rudy
- Weaving / Barbara Baert
- Weaving Mary's Chaplet: The Representation of the Rosary in Late Medieval Flemish Manuscript Illumination / Anne Margreet W. As-Vijvers
- Praying, Threading, and Adorning: Sewn-in Prints in a Rosary Prayer Book (London, British Library, Add. MS 14042) / Hanneke Van Asperen
- Representation and Meaning of Luxurious Textiles in Franco-Flemish Manuscript Illumination / Margaret L. Goehring
- Veiling / Barbara Baert
- Raising the Curtain on the Use of Textiles in Manuscripts / Christine Sciacca
- Curtains, Revelatio, and Pictorial Reality in Late Medieval Renaissance Italy / Victor M. Schmidt
- Mantle, Fur, Pallium: Veiling and Unveiling in the Martyrdom of Agnes of Rome / Barbara Baert
- Dressing / Barbara Baert
- Clothing of Poverty and Sanctity in Legends, and their Representations in Trecento and Quattrocento Italy / Philine Helas
- Clothing, Exposure, and the Depiction of Sin in Passion Iconography / Martha Bayless
- Swaddled or Shrouded? The Interpretation of 'Chrysom' Effigies on Late Medieval Tomb Monuments / Sophie Oosterwijk.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9782503515274 (hbk.)
- 2503515274 (hbk.)
- Identifying numbers
- OCLC: 137313912
- OCLC: 137313912