Video/Film , DVD in English , Italian
Once upon a time-- Rome, open city
Folamour Productions presents ; a film by Marie Genin and Serge July ; directed by Marie Genin ; written in collaboration with Yann Le Gal ; produced by Folamour Productions ; with the support of France 5... [et al.].
- Brooklyn, NY : First Run/Icarus Films, ©2006.
- Widescreen format.
- 1 videodisc (52 min.) : sound, colored with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- DVD-R (NTSC region 1).
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower M Level ReservesPN1997.R657O53 2006 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: May 21 2018 05:45 PMAnother patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
- Also known as
- Rome, open city
- Cinematography, Caroline Champetier ; editing, Martine Giordano.
- Narration by Tim Chapman ; includes interviews with Isabella Rossellini, Vittorio Taviani, Carlo Lizzani, Father Virgilio Fantuzzi, Luca Magnani, Renzo Rossellini, Adriano Aprà.
- Documentary films.
- "Examines the political and cinematic history of Roberto Rossellini's landmark film [Roma, città aperta], which so memorably dramatized the WWII Italian resistance to the German occupation. In addition to archival footage, which sketches in the relevant historical background, [the documentary] includes scenes from this classic film, revisits some of its key locations today, and features interviews with many of its participants, [Rossellini] family members, and other film directors and critics" -- Container.
- Background, WWII
- Filming begins
- Rossellini under Fascism
- Rossellini's aesthetics
- Anna Magnani
- Children and war
- Rossellini and Bergman.
- Other information
- Originally produced as a documentary film in 2006.
- Language: Narration in English; portions in Italian with English subtitles.
- Restrictions: Public performance rights granted, First Run/Icarus Films, 3/4/2015.
- Identifying numbers
- OCLC: 145719550
- OCLC: 145719550