Book , Print in English
Handbook of prebiotics
edited by Glenn R. Gibson, Marcel Roberfroid.
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, ©2008.
- xvii, 485 pages : illustrations; 25 cm.
Get a copy from a partner library in 2-3 weeks. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
- Medical Subjects
- General introduction: prebiotics in nutrition / M.B Roberfroid
- Gastrointestinal microflora and interactions with gut mucosa / A.L. Wells, D.M.A. Saulnier, and G.R. Gibson
- Prebiotics: concept: definition, criteria, methodologies, and products / M.B. Roberfroid
- The prebiotic effect: review of experimental and human data / S. Kolida and G.R.Gibson
- Effects of prebiotics on mineral absorption: mechanisms of action / I.J. Griffin & S.A. Abrams
- Prebiotics and the absorption of minerals, a review of experimental and human data / K.M. Hawthorne & S.A. Abrams
- Immune functions and mechanisms in the gastrointestinal tract / A. Dubert-Ferrandon, D.S. Newburg & W.A. Walker
- Prebiotics and the immune system: review of experimental and human data / S. Seifert & B. Watzl
- Triacylglycerols and cholesterol metabolism / M.Beylot, F. Forcheron & D. Letexier
- Prebiotics and lipid metabolism: review of experimental and human data / N.M. Delzenne & A.M. Neyrinck --
- Endocrinology of the gastro-intestinal tract and modulation of satiety: specific focus on glucagon like peptide-1 / R. Burcelin & P.D. Cani
- Prebiotics and modulation of gastrointestinal peptides / P.D. Cani, R. Burcelin & C. Knauf
- Designing studies and rodent models for studying prebiotics for colorectal cancer prevention / N.J. Emenaker & J.A. Milner
- Colorectal cancer prevention: the role of prebiotics / A. Umar, N.J. Emenaker & J.A. Milner
- Prebiotics and reduction of risk of carcinogenesis: review of experimental and human data / A. Klinder, M. Glei & B.L. Pool-Zobel
- Prebiotics and cancer therapy / H.S. Taper & M.B. Roberfroid
- Pathophysiology of inflammatory bowel diseases / F.Hoentjen & L. A. Dieleman
- Prebiotics in inflammatory bowel diseases / F. Guarner
- Prebiotics and infant nutrition / Y. Vandenplas ... [et al.]
- Prebiotics and nutrition in the elderly: the concept of healthy aging / I.R. Rowland & C. Gill
- Prebiotics and animal nutrition / J. Van Loo
- Food applications of prebiotics / A. Franck
- Prebiotics and food safety / G. Pascal
- Concluding remarks / G.R Gibson & M.B. Roberfroid.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9780849381713 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 0849381711 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 2007032997
- OCLC: 165048453
- OCLC: 165048453