Book , Print in English
The practice of adaptive leadership : tools and tactics for changing your organization and the world
Ronald Heifetz, Alexander Grashow, Marty Linsky.
- Boston, Mass. : Harvard Business Press, ©2009.
- xvi, 326 pages : illustrations; 24 cm.
Copies in Library - not available while library buildings are closed
Eisenhower B LevelHD57.7.H3995 2009 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Sep 30 2020Another patron is currently using this item. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
SAIS Main StacksHD57.7 .H44 2009On shelf
SAIS Main StacksHD57.7 .H44 2009 c. 2On shelf
- "The Practice of Adaptive Leadership will help you think more clearly and execute better in a constantly shifting environment. It offers a comprehensive and systematic approach to candidly assessing the situation and yourself, and then taking action. Its wisdom and advice are drawn from the experiences of people like you, committed to advancing what you care about most." "The book is anchored in the framework of adaptive leadership, but goes beyond the theory to provide a practical set of stories, diagrams, techniques, and activities that will help you both assess and address the toughest challenges that lie ahead. Dozens of tools and tactics are presented in an exciting, clear, and reader-friendly design."--BOOK JACKET.
- Part one: Introduction : purpose and possibility
- 1. How to use this book
- 2. The theory behind the practice
- 3. Before you begin
- Part two: Diagnose the system
- 4. Diagnose the system
- 5. Diagnose the adaptive challenge
- 6. Diagnose the political landscape
- 7. Qualities of an adaptive organization
- Part three: Mobilize the system
- 8. Make interpretations
- 9. Design effective interventions
- 10. Act politically
- 11. Orchestrate conflict
- 12. Build an adaptive culture
- Part four: See yourself as a system
- 13. See yourself as a system
- 14. Identify your loyalties
- 15. Know your tuning
- 16. Broaden your bandwidth
- 17. Understand your roles
- 18. Articulate your purposes
- Part five: Deploy yourself
- 19. Stay connected to your purposes
- 20. Engage courageously
- 21. Inspire people
- 22. Run experiments
- 23. Thrive.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -301) and index.
- 9781422105764 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- 1422105768 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 2009006643
- OCLC: 213312312
- OCLC: 213312312