Book, Print in English
How to write a paper
edited by George M. Hall.
- Malden, Mass. : BMJ Books, 2008.
- 4th ed., Fully rev. and updated.
- xi, 155 pages ; 22 cm.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 12 weeks, with no renewals.
Wilmer Books - Woods Building, Room 3B 50, JHHR 119 .H69 2008 c. 1Being Searched
- Medical Subjects
- "This bestselling guide provides clear instructions on getting published in biomedical journals. Now in its fourth edition, How to Write a Paper has been fully revised and updated to include all aspects of writing each section of a structured paper incorporating the latest information on open access, electronic publication and submission." "Written by edition of leading medical journals as well as publishing experts, this guide is relevant and easy to use for any novice writer wanting to publish in journals."--BOOK JACKET.
- Structure of a scientific paper / George M. Hall
- Introductions / Richard Smith
- Methods / Gordon B. Drummond
- Results / Hans-Joachim Priebe
- Discussion / George M. Hall
- Titles, abstracts, and authors / Fiona Moss
- References / Simon Howell and Liz Neilly
- Electronic submissions / Natalie Davies
- How to write a letter / Michael Doherty
- How to prepare an abstract for a scientific meeting / Robert N. Allan
- How to write a case report / Martin Neil Rossor
- How to write a review / Paul Glasziou
- The role of the editor / Jennifer M. Hunter
- The role of the manuscript assessor / Domhnall MacAuley
- What a publisher does / Alex Williamson
- Who should be an author? / Richard Horton
- Style : what is it and why it matters / Margaret Cooter
- Ethics of publication / Michael J.G. Farthing
- Electronic publishing / Craig Bingham
- Open access / Mark Ware.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9781405167734 (alk. paper)
- 1405167734 (alk. paper)
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 2007036933
- OCLC: 171258226
- OCLC: 171258226