Video/Film , DVD in English
produced & directed by Mitchell W. Block. Speeding? / Direct Cinema Limited presents a film by Mitchell W. Block & Alec Hirschfeld.
- Santa Monica, CA. : Direct Cinema Ltd., [200-].
- 1 videodisc (16, 21 min.) : sound, colored ; 4 3/4 in.
- Recorded DVD (NTSC region 1).
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower M Level ReservesPN1995.9.D62 N65 2000 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Jun 1 2019Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
- Cast of no lies: Shelby Leverington, Alec Hirschfeld; cast of Speeding: Alec Hirschfeld, Lucile Benson, Martin Brest.
- Fiction films.
- The Mitchell Block Collection
- "no lies" unfolds as a conversation between a male interviewer and a young woman who has recently been raped. The interviewer's probing questions strip away the woman's defenses, offering an intimate view of the trauma suffered by a rape victim as she confronts the police, her doctor, her friends, and her conscience. The film is notable because it rigorously adheres to documentary form, but in reality is a "fake" -- not a "real" documentary. "Speeding?" consists of dramatized interviews with police officers and with motorists who have been ticketed for speeding, in which both sides express their thoughts on speeding violations.
- Other information
- Bonus feature: no lies rehearsal tapes (b&w, 31 min.)
- Originally produced as motion pictures, No lies in 1972, Speeding in 1978.
- Restrictions: Public performance rights granted, Direct Cinema Ltd., May 15, 2008.
- Identifying numbers
- OCLC: 191737122
- OCLC: 191737122