Book, Print in English
Publication manual of the American Psychological Association
- Washington, DC : American Psychological Association, ©2010.
- 6th ed.
- xviii, 272 pages : illustrations; 26 cm.
Friedheim -- Reference Coll.Z253 .P83 2010 c. 1AvailableHarbor East, ReferenceBF76.7.P83 2010 c. 1AvailableBF76.7.P83 2010 c. 1AvailableBF76.7.P83 2010 c. 1AvailableBF76.7.P83 2010 c. 2Checked outChecked out, Due: Sep 16 2015Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.Eisenhower C Level Reference, Non-CirculatingBF76.7.P83 2010 c. 1Available
Eisenhower C Level Reference, Non-CirculatingBF76.7.P83 2010 c. 3Available
- 2012 pr
Washington LRC ReservesBF76.7.P83 2010 c. 2AvailableSAIS ReferenceBF76.7 .P83 2010AvailableHarrison Course Reserve -- FSK Pavilion, Bayview CampusWZ 345 A521p 2010 BAYVIEW C.2Checked outChecked out, Due: Feb 16 2015Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.Harrison Course Reserve -- FSK Pavilion, Bayview CampusWZ 345 A521p 2010 BAYVIEW REF C.1Checked outChecked out, Due: Mar 9 2015Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.WZ 345 A512p 2010 c. 1AvailableWZ 345 A512p 2010 c. 2AvailableWZ 345 A512p 2010 c. 3Available
- 2012 pr
- Medical Subjects
- From the Publisher: With millions of copies sold, the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association is the style manual of choice for writers, editors, students, educators, and professionals in psychology, sociology, business, economics, nursing, social work, and justice administration, and other disciplines in which effective communication with words and data is fundamental. In addition to providing clear guidance on grammar, the mechanics of writing, and APA style, the Publication Manual offers an authoritative and easy-to-use reference and citation system and comprehensive coverage of the treatment of numbers, metrication, statistical and mathematical data, tables, and figures for use in writing, reports, or presentations. The new edition has been revised and updated to include: The latest guidelines and examples for referencing electronic and online sources; New and revised guidelines for submitting papers electronically; Improved guidelines for avoiding plagiarism; Simplified formatting guidelines for writers using up-to-date word-processing software; All new guidelines for presenting case studies; Improved guidelines for the construction of tables; Updates on copyright and permissions issues for writers. New reference examples for audiovisual media and patents; An expanded and improved index for quick and easy access; Writers, scholars, and professionals will also find: New guidelines on how to choose text, tables, or figures to present data; Guidelines for writing cover letters for submitting articles for publication, plus a sample letter; Expanded guidelines on the retention of raw data; New advice on establishing written agreements for the use of shared data; New information on the responsibilities of co-authors.
- Writing for the behavioral and social sciences. Types of articles ; Ethical and legal standards in publishing ; Ensuring the accuracy of scientific knowledge ; Protecting the rights and welfare of research participants ; Protecting intellectual property rights
- Manuscript structure and content. Journal article reporting standards ; Manuscript elements ; Sample papers
- Writing clearly and concisely. Organization ; Writing style ; Reducing bias in language ; General guidelines for reducing bias ; Reducing bias by topic ; Grammar and usage
- Mechanics of style. Punctuation ; Spelling ; Capitalization ; Italics ; Abbreviations ; Numbers ; Metrication ; Statistical and mathematical copy ; Equations
- Displaying results. General guidance on table and figures ; Tables ; Figures ; Presenting electrophysiological, radiological, and other biological data
- Crediting sources. When to cite ; Quoting and paraphrasing ; Citing references in text ; Reference list ; Reference components
- Reference examples. Types and variations ; Examples by type ; Appendix 7-1: References to legal materials
- Publication process. Editorial process ; Author responsibilities
- Appendix: Journal article reporting standards (JARS), Meta-analysis reporting standards (MARS), and flow of participants through each stage of an experiment or quasi-experiment.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 255-257) and index.
- 9781433805615 (pbk.)
- 1433805618 (pbk.)
- 9781433805622 (spiral bound)
- 1433805626 (spiral bound)
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 2009010391
- OCLC: 316736612
- OCLC: 316736612