Book , Print in English
A short guide to writing about art
- Upper Saddle River, N.J. : Pearson/Prentice Hall, 2011.
- 10th ed.
- xv, 366 pages : illustrations; 22 cm.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower M Level ReservesN7476.B37 2010 c. 1Available
- This book is intended for art courses where there is a writing component. Would you like your students to have the tools to write confidently about art? This best-selling text has guided tens of thousands of art students through the writing process. Students are shown how to analyze pictures (drawings, paintings, photographs), sculptures and architecture, and are prepared with the tools they need to present their ideas through effective writing. This text includes: Coverage of essential writing assignments includes formal analysis, comparison, research paper, review of an exhibition, essay examination; Clear step-by-step writing instructions guide students though the research and writing processes, showing students how to use the terminology of art history, and how to cite sources, solve issues of style, and use proper manuscript form; Sample essays, with analytic comments by the author, demonstrate the strengths of effective writing. - Publisher.
- Writing about art
- Writing about art: the big picture
- Formal analysis and style
- Analytic thinking
- Writing a comparison
- Writing an entry in an exhibition catalog
- Writing a review of an exhibition
- How to write an effective essay
- Style in writing
- Art-historical research
- Some critical approaches
- Writing a research paper
- Manuscript form
- Writing essay examinations.
- Other information
- Student edition.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Additional form
- 0205708250 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 9780205708253 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- 0205790526 (examination copy : alk. paper)
- 9780205790524 (examination copy : alk. paper)
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 2009049421
- OCLC: 470820479
- OCLC: 470820479