Book, Print in English
Slavery, Civil War, and salvation: African American slaves and Christianity, 1830-1870
Daniel L. Fountain.
- Baton Rouge : Louisiana State University Press, ©2010.
- xi, 159 pages ; 23 cm.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower B LevelE443 .F68 2010 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Jun 30 2018Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
- Slaves — Religious life — Southern States — History — 19th century.
- African Americans — Southern States — Religion — 19th century.
- Slavery and the church — Southern States — History — 19th century.
- Christian converts — Southern States — History.
- Slave narratives — Southern States — History and criticism.
- Southern States — Religious life and customs.
- Afro-Christianity by the numbers
- Christ in chains
- Alternatives to Christianity within the Antebellum slave community
- Christ unchained.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- 9780807136997 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 0807136999 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 2010006967
- OCLC: 542263630