Book , Print in English
Man, myth, and sensual pleasures : Jan Gossart's Renaissance : the complete works
Maryan W. Ainsworth, Stijn Alsteens, and Nadine M. Orenstein ; edited by Maryan W. Ainsworth ; with contributions by Lorne Campbell [and others].
- New York : Metropolitan Museum of Art ; New Haven, Conn. : Yale University Press, ©2010.
- xii, 484 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 31 cm
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower D LevelN6973.G68 A4 2010 QUARTO c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Mar 9 2019Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
- Also known as
- Jan Gossart's Renaissance
- Local Subjects
- Catalogues raisonnés.
- Exhibition catalogs.
- Jan Gossart (c.1472-1532) has long been recognised for his pivotal role in disseminating and transforming the art of antiquity and the Italian Renaissance style in the North. This catalogue raisonné of the Netherlandish painter, draftsman and printmaker is the first major publication on the artist in more than 40 years.
- Introduction: Jan Gossart, the "Apelles of our age" / Maryan W. Ainsworth
- The painter Gossart in his artistic Milieu / Maryan W. Ainsworth
- Gossart as architect / Ethan Matt Kavaler
- Drawing for diplomacy: Gossart's sojourn in Rome / Stephanie Schrader
- Gossart's mythological nudes and the shaping of Philip of Burgundy's erotic identity / Stephanie Schrader
- Observations concerning Gossart's working methods / Maryan W. Ainsworth
- Gossart as a draftsman / Stijn Alsteens
- Gossart and printmaking / Nadine M. Orenstein
- Catalogue: Paintings: Adam and Eve ; Virgin and Child ; The passion of Christ ; Mythological themes ; Possible disguised portraits ; Portraits ; Paintings previously attributed to Gossart / Maryan W. Ainsworth with Lorne Campbell
- Drawings: Adam and Eve ; Virgin and Child ; The life of Christ ; Other religious subjects ; Secular subjects ; Studies related to antique art and architecture ; Ornament drawings ; Portrait ; Drawings attributed to followers of Gossart / Stijn Alsteens
- Prints: Prints by Gossart ; Prints after Gossart ; Sixteenth- and seventeenth-century prints ; Said to be after Gossart / Nadine M. Orenstein.
- Other information
- Issued in connection with an exhibition held Oct. 5, 2010-Jan. 17, 2011, Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York, and Feb. 23-May 30, 2011, National Gallery, London (selected paintings only).
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 437-473) and index.
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 2010028976
- OCLC: 601348057
- OCLC: 601348057