Book , Print in English
Imperialism, power, and identity : experiencing the Roman empire
David J. Mattingly.
- Princeton, N.J. : Princeton University Press, ©2011.
- xxiv, 342 pages : illustrations maps ; 25 cm.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
Eisenhower B LevelDG271 .M183 2011 c. 1Checked outChecked out, Due: Jun 18 2019Another patron is currently using this item. Use BorrowDirect to request a different copy. For additional help, ask a library staff member.
- pt. ONE Imperialisms and Colonialisms
- 1. From Imperium to Imperialism: Writing the Roman Empire
- 2. From One Colonialism to Another: Imperialism and the Maghreb
- pt. TWO Power
- 3. Regime Change, Resistance, and Reconstruction: Imperialism Ancient and Modern
- 4. Power, Sex, and Empire
- pt. THREE Resources
- 5. Ruling Regions, Exploiting Resources
- 6. Landscapes of Imperialism. Africa: A Landscape of Opportunity?
- 7. Metals and Metalla: A Roman Copper-Mining Landscape in the Wadi Faynan, Jordan
- pt. FOUR Identity
- 8. Identity and Discrepancy
- 9. Family Values: Art and Power at Ghirza in the Libyan Pre-desert.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -324) and index.
- 9780691146058 (cloth : alk. paper)
- 0691146055 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 2010002467
- OCLC: 502453068