Book , Print in English , French
Dien Bien Phu and the crisis of Franco-American relations, 1954-1955
Lawrence S. Kaplan, Denise Artaud, Mark R. Rubin, editors.
- Wilmington, Del. : SR Books, 1989.
- xv, 286 pages ; 24 cm.
SAIS Main StacksDS553.1 .D54 1990Available
- Also known as
- Uniform Title: Dien Bien Phu. English.
- Prologue : perceptions by the United States of its interests in Indochina / Richard H. Immerman
- Franco-American conflict in Indochina, 1950-1954 / George C. Herring
- The French military and U.S. participation in the Indochina War / Laurent Césari
- Britain and the crisis over Dien Bien Phu, April 1954 : the failure of united action / Geoffrey Warner
- Eisenhower, Dulles, and Dien Bien Phu : "The day we didn't go to war" revisited / George C. Herring and Richard H. Immerman
- Military necessity, political impossibility : the French viewpoint on operation Vautour / Laurent Césari and Jacques de Folin
- Redefining the American position in Southeast Asia : the United States and the Geneva and Manila Conferences / Gary R. Hess.
- From Geneva to Manila : British policy toward Indochina and SEATO, May-September 1954 / Geoffrey Warner
- Passage of empire : the United States, France, and South Vietnam, 1954-55 / George C. Herring, Gary R. Hess, and Richard H. Immerman
- The repercussions of the Geneva Conference : South Vietnam under a new protector / Pierre Mélandri
- Spring 1955 : crisis in Saigon / Denise Artaud
- The United States, NATO, and French Indochina / Lawrence S. Kaplan
- France between the Indochina War and the European defense community / Denise Artaud.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Identifying numbers
- LCCN: 89010847
- OCLC: 20296027