Video/Film , DVD in English
Dawn of the dead
the MKR Group, Inc ; Synapse Films ; a New Amsterdam Entertainment presentation ; Herbert R. Steinmann and Billy Baxter present a Laurel Group production in association with Claudio Argento & Alfredo Cuomo ; produced by Richard P. Rubinstein ; written and directed by George A. Romero.
- Troy, MI : Anchor Bay Entertainment, , ©1978.
- Ultimate ed.
- 4 videodiscs : sound, colored ; 4 3/4 in. + Accompanied by: 1 booklet
- DVD (NTSC region 1); widescreen presentation; Dolby Digital ; dts.
Eisenhower M Level Service DeskPN1995.9.H6 D39 2004d c. 1Multiple Items
- disc 1-4 in two containers
- Director of photography, Michael Gornick.
- Cast: David Emge, Ken Foree, Scott H. Reiniger, Gaylen Ross.
- Horror films.
- Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- When a mysterious virus turns people into mindless, flesh-eating zombies, a handful of survivors wage a desperate, last-stand battle to stay alive ... and human! The last remaining humans escape to a shopping mall, where they decide that the only way to truly elude the approaching throng of undead is to somehow make their way to an island that is supposedly zombie-free.
- Disc 1. U.S. Theatrical version
- Disc 2. Extended version
- Disc 3. European version
- Disc 4. Documentaries.
- Other information
- Title from container.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1978.
- Special features: Disc 1: U.S. Theatrical Version: Widescreen presentation (1.85:1) enhanced for 16 x 9 TVs ; Audio commentary with writer/director George A. Romero, makeup effects creator Tom Savini, and assistant director Chris Romero (moderated by DVD producer Perry Martin); Theatrical trailers; TV spots; Radio spots; Poster & advertising gallery; George A. Romero bio; Comic book preview; Presented in 5.1 DTS Surround Sound, 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound, 2.0 Dolby Surround, and original Mono; Disc 2: Extended Version: Widescreen presentation (1.85:1) enhanced for 16 x 9 TVs ; Audio commentary with producer Richard P. Rubinstein (moderated by DVD producer Perry Martin); Monroeville Mall commercial; Behind-the-scenes photo gallery; Memorabilia gallery; Production stills; Presented in original Mono; Disc 3: European Version: Widescreen presentation (1.85:1) enhanced for 16 x 9 TVs ; Audio commentary with actors David Emge, Ken Foree, Scott H. Reiniger, and Gaylen Ross; International theatrical trailers; U.K. TV spots; International lobby card gallery; International poster & advertising gallery; International pressbook gallery; Home video & soundtrack artwork; Dario Argento bio; Presented in 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound, 2.0 Dolby Surround, and original Mono; Disc 4: Documentaries: "The Dead Will Walk": An all-new documentary featuring interviews with cast and crew members Claudio Argento, Dario Argento, Pat Buba, Tony Buba, Zilla Clinton, David Crawford, David Early, David Emge, Ken Foree, Michael Gornick, John Harrison, Clayton Hill, Sharon Ceccatti-Hill, Jim Krut, Leonard Lies, Scott H. Reiniger, Chris Romero, George A. Romero, Gaylen Ross, Tom Savini, and Claudio Simonetti; "Roy Frumkes' Document of the Dead": The original documentary filmed during the making of Dawn of the Dead by filmmaker Roy Frumkes ; On-set home movies with audio commentary from zombie extra Robert Langer; Monroeville Mall tour with actor Ken Foree.
- MPAA rating: Not rated.
- Language: Closed-captioned.
- Publisher's number
- DV12167 Anchor Bay Entertainment
- Identifying numbers
- UPC: 013131216790
- OCLC: 57045131
- OCLC: 57045131