Video/Film , DVD in English , Spanish
20th Century Fox presents ; screenplay by Jay Dratler and Samuel Hoffenstein and Betty Reinhardt ; produced and directed by Otto Preminger.
- [Beverly Hills, CA] : 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, ©2004.
- 1 videodisc (87 min.) : sound, b&w ; 4 3/4 in.
- DVD; Dolby digital stereo and mono (English), mono (Spanish).
Eisenhower M Level Service Desk - AVPN1997 .L349 2004 c. 1Available
- Cinematographer, Joseph LaShelle ; editor, Louis R. Loeffler ; music, David Raksin.
- Cast: Vincent Price, Clifton Webb, Dana Andrews, Gene Tierney, Judith Anderson.
- Detective Mark McPherson investigates the killing of Laura, found dead on her apartment floor before the movie starts. McPherson builds a mental picture of the dead girl from the suspects whom he interviews. He is helped by the striking painting of the late lamented Laura hanging on her apartment wall. But who would have wanted to kill a girl with whom every man she met seemed to fall in love? To make matters worse, McPherson finds himself falling under her spell too. Then one night, halfway through his investigations, something seriously bizarre happens to make him re-think the whole case.
- Other information
- Title from container.
- Adapted from the novel Laura by Vera Caspary.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 1944.
- Full frame (1.33:1 aspect ratio); dual layer.
- Special features: Extended movie version with alternate opening -- Commentary by composer David Raksin and Wesleyan University Film Professor Jeanine Basinger -- Commentary by film historian/author Rudy Behlmer -- Documentaries: "Gene Tierney: a shattered portrait" and "Vincent Price: the versatile villain" as seen on Biography on the A & E Network -- Deleted scene with optional commentary by Rudy Behlmer -- Theatrical trailer.
- MPAA rating: Not rated.
- Language: In English and Spanish with subtitles in English and Spanish; closed captioned.
- Identifying numbers
- UPC: 024543060826
- OCLC: 243567610
- OCLC: 243567610