Online in English
The Frodo franchise : the Lord of the rings and modern Hollywood
- Berkeley : University of California Press, ©2007.
- xxi, 399 pages,  p. of plates : illustrations(some colored), maps (some colored) ; 24 cm.
Request a copy from BorrowDirect Get a copy from a partner library in 3-6 days. Checkout period is 16 weeks, with no renewals.
- This reproduction
- Electronic text and image data. Ann Arbor, Mich. : University of Michigan, MPublishing, 2012. Includes both TIFF files and keyword searchable text. ([ACLS Humanities E-Book]) Mode of access: Intranet.
- I: The film
- Prudent aggression
- Not your father's Tolkien
- Handcrafting a blockbuster
- II: Building the franchise
- Flying billboards and FAQs
- Click to view trailer
- Fans on the margins, Pervy Hobbit Fanciers, and partygoers
- III: Beyond the movie
- Licenses to print money
- Interactive middle-earth
- IV: The lasting power of the rings
- Fantasy come true
- Right in your own backyard.
- Other information
- Includes bibliographical references (p. 333-369) and index.
- Additional form
- Alternate version: 9780520247741 Alternate version: 0520247744